The Every Woman Study
The Every Woman Study will bring together an authoritative evidence base that reflects the experiences of women living with ovarian cancer and those who support them across the globe. The study will help the WOCC highlight gaps, challenges and opportunities to make our mission a reality. Importantly, this work will lead to the development of a WOCC global charter for action.
What the study involves
- A review of global ovarian cancer statistics (2017)
- A survey of WOCC partner organizations – asking for views about priorities for improving ovarian cancer survival and quality of life in their country (2017)
- A patient-experience survey, available online in multiple languages, covering knowledge of ovarian cancer, experience of symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, support, and quality of life (2018)
- A clinician questionnaire, covering local challenges and opportunities, and priorities for action
ARE YOU A WOMAN LIVING WITH OVARIAN CANCER, DIAGNOSED IN 2013 OR LATER? PLEASE COMPLETE OUR PATIENT EXPERIENCE SURVEY.
The complete report of findings from The Every Woman Study will be launched in 2018.
The Every Women Study is overseen by a global Expert Advisory Panel, led by Professor Neerja Bhatla, Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the All India Institute of Medial Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi and Chairperson of the FIGO Gynecologic Oncology Committee, together with Annwen Jones, Vice-Chair of the World Ovarian Cancer Coalition and Chief Executive of Target Ovarian Cancer in the United Kingdom.
How WOCC partner organizations are involved in The Every Woman Study:
- 37 organizations, representing patients and professionals in 19 countries, responded to a survey to identify what needs to happen to improve survival and quality of life in their country (2017)
- WOCC partner organizations have nominated women and clinicians to take part in in-depth interviews, suggested advisory panel members, and helped test draft questionnaires We are also grateful for help with translations, and encouragement to take part in the Study, from women from around the world.
If you are a WOCC partner organization and would like to take part in the Every Woman Study,
please contact Frances Reid.